Airfinance Journal is now taking submissions for its annual global Deals of the Year Awards, which recognise the most innovative transactions, teams and individuals in aviation finance in 2021.
Valued for their independence and transparency, our awards represent the market-leading deals rated on innovation, timing, size, complexity, ability to overcome obstacles and setting new industry benchmarks.
Over the past few years Airfinance Journal has used an online system for submissions to streamline the process.
You can access the microsite here, to submit a deal and learn more about the awards process.
However, if you have any additional queries about the system or awards process, please contact Awards Product Manager - Air Finance Journal, Rachel Murphy at email@example.com
This year’s categories include:
Regional Awards (6)
- Asia-Pacific Deal of the Year
- Middle East Deal of the Year
- Africa Deal of the Year
- Europe Deal of the Year
- Latin America Deal of the Year
- North America Deal of the Year
Global Product Awards (17)
- Bank Loan Deal of the Year
- Guaranteed Financing Deal of the Year
- Tax Lease Deal of the Year
- Sale and Leaseback/Operating Lease Deal of the Year
- Structured Lease Deal of the Year
- Used Aircraft Deal of the Year
- Cargo Deal of the Year
- New fund/alternative financing platform of the Year
- Equity Deal of the Year
- M&A Deal of the Year
- Airline Restructuring Deal of the Year
- Lessor Unsecured Bond Deal of the Year
- Airline Unsecured Bond Deal of the Year
- ABS Deal of the Year
- Sustainability financing Deal of the Year
- Environmental/ESG leadership Deal of the Year
- Best ESG initiative of the Year
Special Awards (5)
- News Event of the Year (selected by Airfinance Journal)
- Editor’s Deal of the Year (selected by Airfinance Journal)
- Overall Capital Markets Deal of the Year*
- Innovative Deal of the Year*
- Overall Deal of the Year*
* (short-list selected by Airfinance Journal based on Regional and Global Product Awards submissions)
Team Awards (3)
- Aviation Finance House of the Year
- Lessor of the Year
- Lessor Treasury Team of the Year
Individual Awards (2)
- Aviation Finance Person of the Year (selected by Airfinance Journal)
- Lifetime Achievement Award (selected by Airfinance Journal)
To qualify for entry, deals must have been closed and funded between 1 January and 31 December, 2021.
As in previous years, an expert panel of judges will select the winners of all categories. This year’s judging panel includes:
•Michel Dembinski, Former Head of Aviation EMEA, MUFG Bank;
•John Feren, Former Executive, Aviation Capital Group and Boeing;
•Richard Forsberg, Former Head of Strategy, Avolon;
•David Goring-Thomas, Former MUFG Managing Director - Head of Global Aviation Finance;
•Bertrand Grabowski, Former board member of DVB Bank's Aviation and Rail Businesses; and
•Declan Kelly, Former Chief Commercial Officer GECAS/Chairperson Aircraft Leasing Ireland;
Please note that the judges will not vote in categories in which their current or former employers are nominated.
The deadline for nominations is 11 February 2022.