Copying and distributing are prohibited without permission of the publisher
AFJ Webinar: Secondary Market Showdown
05 July 2012
A recording of the online discussion Airfinance hosted this week is free to view on the Airfinance Network.
secondhand aircraft market
A free webinar discussing the second hand aircraft market is now online. Speakers at the event included:
John Leech, Resslar Associates
Bradley Smith, Kahala
Tony Whitty, Cabot Aviation
Simon Finn, DVB Bank
Key issues discussed included:
- Why has the market for second-hand aircraft slowed down?
- What can be done to increase activity?
- Who is in a position to finance or invest in secondary aircraft?
- What is the impact on the market for newer aircraft and on residual values in general?
- What does this mean for the economic life of aircraft ï¿½ in particular NG narrowbodies?
- What is the impact on leasing company book values?
- How will everything play out long term?
The event was moderated by Jamie Bullen, Airfinance Journal.